The UAteach Program for Math, Science, and Computer Science Teacher Preparation
is carefully designed to allow students to:
- Earn their B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
- Earn any B.A. or B.S. plus add in Computer Science courses for CS licensure
(see a UAteach advisor for other math/science-related majors)
- Earn a Minor in Secondary Education
- Earn an Arkansas teaching license (grades 7-12) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics,
Physics or Computer Science licensure (grades 4-12)
- Graduate in four years with multiple career options!
UAteach has early field-based experiences for students to try out teaching in
local schools before committing to the program.
Start with a one credit course -ARSC 1201: Inquiry Approaches to Teaching. IT'S FREE!
For more information on the Step 1 'Try it Out' option, click here.
“Teaching is all about teaching each other. Everyone’s ideas should come together and paint one cohesive picture. There is always more than one way to reach a solution. Learning is not only about learning content it is learning about each other.”
“Computer Science is not about teaching a student how to code or how to use a computer.
It is about teaching a student that no matter what the challenge is it can be overcome.” -Nate Vogel
“Education empowers students by giving them the skill set and confidence to solve
in their lives and change the world.” -Chris Malone
“I love seeing students develop confidence in themselves and pride in their work!” –Clair Mulvihill